Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

It's been a little while since I posted, so I thought Thanksgiving would be a nice occasion to get back on here.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love the simple perfection of (tons of) great food, family, and remembering the things you are thankful for.  Even though this year I am abroad for this most-American of holidays, Emily and I are very happy to still be able to celebrate Thanksgiving this year.


Emily and I are happy to welcome some new family to celebrate Thanksgiving with us: Chelo, Gonzalo, Amelia, Manolo, and Margarita will all be coming to join us.  It will be their first Thanksgiving--they're a little unfamiliar with the idea, but it didn't take much explanation to get them excited for it.  More to come on the dinner, with pictures and all, after it's done.

For my part, I have a lot to be thankful for this year.  For starters, it is another year of health and general well-being for my family; I am tremendously blessed to have this time in Spain with my incredible wife; and absolutely fortunate to have a net of family to care about us here while we are away from the rest.  Lastly, it's still a few days before application deadlines, so no schools have rejected me yet, haha.

I hope you and yours all have a tremendous Thanksgiving today.  Remember to consider the things that you are thankful for--most us are luckier than we ever really stop to realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment